Maltese Holding companies can benefit from a number of advantages such as the participation exemption regime as Malta is a member of the European Union, Maltese Holding Companies can also benefit from the EU directives.
More benefits include:
- Tax exemptions (5% implied Tax on profits from trading activities of the Malta company. Full exemption on participating holdings)
- No withholding taxes, stamp duties or exchange control restrictions apply on distribution of profits from the Maltese Company to non-resident shareholders and these dividends can be expatriated without any restrictions.
- Limited liability with minimal paid up capital requirement for the Maltese Company (as little as €240)
- Business can be conducted internationally, and with minimal changes through the Malta Company.
- The Malta Company will be incorporated using your desired name (subject to approval by the Registrar of Companies)
- Companies registered in Malta are considered resident in Malta wherever ownership or management exists or business is carried out.
- Non-residents are freely entitled to hold shares or office n a Malta Company.
- Annual and general meetings of the Maltese Company may be held outside Malta.
- Malta Companies may hold funds in banks outside Malta.
- The company formation procedure in Malta typically takes 48 hours.